Terms of Service
Terms of Service Acceptance required.
March 16, 2017
2. Access to this Website. Access to certain portions of this website (“Password-Protected Areas”) may require login and password information. You must have this information in order to access these areas. If you establish an account and receive a password from UW, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and for restricting access to your computer. You accept full responsibility and liability for all activities that occur under your account and for safeguarding your personally identifiable information.
3. User Content. The Password-Protected Areas of this website provide certain features that enable you to upload and generate content, including protein cross-linking mass spectrometry data ("User Content"). The Website also provides for the hosting, reproduction, distribution, transmission, performance, and display of such User Content. You understand that all User Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such User Content originated. This means that you, and not the University of Washington, are entirely responsible for all User Content that you make available through the website.
a. License Grant by You to UW. By submitting User Content, you grant UW a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right to post such materials for your access, your use, and the use by others to whom you provide access while your website account is active. You retain all rights to your User Content. UW will not distribute or provide the User Content to others without your consent, however UW might make use of the data for their own purposes such as software and website refinement and improvement.
b. User Content Representations and Warranties. You affirm, represent, and warrant the following:
You own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize UW to use your User Content in the manner contemplated by these Terms, and to grant the rights and license set forth above.
UW’s use of your User Content and exercise of the license rights set forth above, do not and will not: (a) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (b) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (c) violate any applicable law or regulation.
c. No Obligation to Publish. UW reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to allow any User Content on the website, or to remove any User Content at any time with or without notice. UW complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and will remove User Content upon receipt of a compliant takedown notice (see the "Reporting Copyright Violations" section below).
d. Feedback or Idea Submissions. You may provide UW with comments, bug reports, feedback or proposals for modifications related to this website, or the goods and/or services provided through the website (collectively, “Feedback”). UW will have the right at its sole discretion to incorporate Feedback or not. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Feedback.
e. User Content Retention. If your website account is deactivated, your User Content will be deleted from this website, with the following exceptions: no longer be available to you through the website, however the User Content may still be used by UW as discussed above in 3.a.
4. Intellectual Property. This website and its contents are owned by UW or third parties and are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. Certain content, such as copyrighted materials and trademarks, are used by permission of third parties. Except as allowed by law (such as fair use) or as expressly permitted in connection with specific content, this website and its contents may not be reproduced, modified, distributed, displayed, performed, or used in any way without the prior written permission of UW or the third-party owner.
You shall always provide proper attribution to the ProXL website in any publication or presentation as follows:
ProXL (Protein Cross-Linking Database): A Platform for Analysis, Visualization, and Sharing of Protein Cross-Linking Mass Spectrometry Data. Riffle M, Jaschob D, Zelter A, Davis TN. J Proteome Res. 2016 Aug 5;15(8):2863-70.
5. Prohibited Use of this Website. You are responsible for your behavior in your use of this website and for respecting UW and third parties’ (person or entity) rights in connection with the website and its content. This website and its content are only for non-commercial research use.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. UW EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UW EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACTIONS OF ANY OTHER USER OF THIS WEBSITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UW MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, CURRENT, ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEFECT IN OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO CEASE TO USE THIS WEBSITE. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
7. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA LOSS, OR OTHER LOSSES (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM ANY MATTER RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
8. Reporting Copyright Violations. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) of 1998, 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(2), UW has a DMCA Registered Agent for notice of alleged DMCA copyright infringement. You may contact UW DMCA Registered Agent at email address firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit the UW DMCA website (https://www.washington.edu/itconnect/work/appropriate-use/uw-dmca-digital-millennium-copyright-act-information/). To file a notice of infringement with UW, the requirements specified in Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 must be fulfilled. The text of this statute can be found at the United States Copyright Office website, located at http://www.copyright.gov.
9. Links. This website may include links to other websites. You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect any endorsement by UW with respect to the linked site or its provider. UW makes no representations or warranties with respect to any linked website: Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
10. Jurisdiction and Venue. This Agreement and the relationship between you and UW will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that venue with respect to any dispute between you and UW will rest exclusively in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington.
13. Termination. UW may block, suspend, or terminate your use of this website at any time for any reason. Reasons UW might do so include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) your breach of this agreement; (b) UW is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) UW believes that your actions could cause financial loss or legal liability to UW or other users of this website; (d) routine network maintenance affecting all users; or (e) your use of this website or service in a manner that violates the law or UW policies.
1705 NE Pacific St.
Seattle, WA 98195-7350
Recaptcha must be completed
All fields are required
Password and Confirm Password must match
Username already taken
Email address already taken
Username already taken. Email address already taken.
Create new user
Welcome to the
. Fill out the form below to create an account.
© 2017 University of Washington (
Terms of Service
Managed by Michael Riffle (